Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mini Blog II!

So the hubby and I carved our jack o' lanterns today. It was the first time I've ever carved a pumpkin for Halloween. I have to say it was a lot of fun, but speaking as someone with a lot of back/neck problems, it's also quite a chore!
And of course, what do you get besides an awesome Jack-o'lantern when you carve pumpkins?? Pumpkin seeds!! I've never roasted pumpkin seeds before, but I figured it couldn't be too terribly hard to figure out.
So after getting off all that stringy, nasty, slimy gunk off the seeds, rinsing them and drying them a little on a towel:


I tossed all of them in a little olive oil. Now, I prefer sweet and the hubby prefers savory, so I divided the seeds in half, and mixed in salt and pepper to one batch, and some sugar, ground cloves and cinnamon to the other half.
Then I spread them onto a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes.


They taste pretty damn good, so even if I did something wrong, they turned out yummy and Erich is devouring his quite rapidly, so overall a great success!


And here's the pumpkins we carved! Erich's:

Mine:


And I'm probably going to have another mini blog tomorrow, when I figure out what to do with the massive amounts of pumpkin that I cut up from a third, smaller pumpkin that we bought. Two gallon bags full of raw pumpkin....should be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment