Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Marshmallows!



I love marshmallows. I love them on smores, I love them toasted, I love them plain, I like them in cereal, hot chocolate is not hot chocolate without them...I could go on.
I've always wanted to give making marshmallows at home a shot, and yesterday, I was rather bored, so I gave it a try. It was quite a bit a work, since I don't have a stand mixer, I had to use my electric hand mixer, but other than that it wasn't bad. You have to let them sit overnight, but it's worth the wait.
And also, this recipe will make a big mess in your kitchen because of having to use so much powdered sugar. But messes can be fun sometimes, so long as they eventually get cleaned up, right?
I used Alton Brown's recipe for my first attempt at marshmallows. I followed it word for word, so I shall post a link below this next picture of soft, pillow-y deliciousness:



Alton Brown's Marshmallows

No comments:

Post a Comment