Monday, April 18, 2011

Fish Tacos

Now, this is kind of a recipe and kind of just instructions on how to put several recipes together :)
No picture today because I'm tired of putting low quality photos on here. But I'm thinking about doing something altogether different with my blog, but haven't decided yet. I will keep you updated.

Now, fish tacos. Here are the instructions for the different elements:
I use small flour tortillas, and put a little shredded cheddar down the center of each tortilla.
I then add some homemade coleslaw, you can find the recipe here.
Then comes some kernel corn that has been quickly sauteed in butter and paprika. (I used canned shoepeg corn this time around).
For the fish I just use tilapia that I into 3 x 2" pieces, dredged in flour that's been seasoned with salt and pepper, and pan-fried in olive oil. Place over the coleslaw, and squeeze a little lime juice over all of it, then fold up the tortilla to resemble a taco and secure with a toothpick.
My husband claims these are the best fish tacos he's ever had. They are nummy, and quite simple.
Sorry no picture today, but I'm am trying to come up with a solution for that :D

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures! Don't stop please. If you want to do something different you should start a new blog and just keep this one going too! Thanks, your mom

    ReplyDelete